Full-Time Director of Custom Content
Take our custom content marketing division to the next level as director of custom content.
Venture Publishing is an award-winning publishing company, with a vibrant and successful custom content marketing division. Venture publishes several proprietary business magazines and websites and the company has parlayed its expertise into its custom content marketing division, in which it creates products finely tailored to clients’ communications goals, extending their reach and enhancing their quality. Under this division, Venture produces magazines in both print and digital formats, related websites, videos and podcasts for its many clients – efforts well-served by its top-notch production, sales, events and circulation personnel.
Venture is seeking a dynamic and motivated director of custom content, someone who will manage, maintain and increase the momentum and growth of the division, creating new income streams and new products, designed to meet and exceed our clients’ goals.
Reporting to the publisher, the ideal candidate for the position of director of custom content will:
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities
- Have an excellent ability and fondness for working with new and existing clients to uncover their communications goals; propose and price the products best suited to them
- Manage all client relationships
- Have a real interest in new technologies and where they are taking the publishing industry
- Oversee the custom editorial and design team, and work closely with sales, marketing and circulation colleagues
- Have a deep knowledge of how to execute great content in the appropriate medium, managing projects as and when needed
- Focus on the ongoing refinement of products and processes
- Have an affinity for deadlines
- Take delight in gathering intel, ticking boxes, crunching numbers, and weaving together disparate strands of information to create impactful proposals and MOUs for clients
And – in case it isn’t clear – business development capacity, creativity, problem-solving, tact and brains are absolute requirements.
The successful applicant will have some combination of: a bachelor of arts degree and/or a degree or diploma in journalism and/or publishing; 5 to 15 years’ experience in publishing with gradually increasing responsibility and skills.
We offer a fast-paced and creative work environment, competitive salary and benefits.