Full-Time Various positions – Venture Radio
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Venture Publishing, the award winning publisher of Alberta Venture and Alberta Oil magazines, is launching its most innovative initiative to date – an online business radio network called, naturally, Venture Radio. We’re seeking team members who want to help us bring this big new vision to fruition. If you are excited about the potential of internet-based radio, if you have Stitcher and Slacker apps on your smart phone, if business and economic news gets your juices flowing, if you aren’t afraid of a creative challenge and the hard work that will go into fulfilling that challenge – then we want to hear from you. We’re looking for a producer, a technician, and reporters/on-air personnel, all of which will be based in our Edmonton office.
WHAT IS VENTURE RADIO?
Delivered via desktop, smart phone or tablet, Venture Radio is business intelligence at the speed of sound. It will offer listeners around the world timely, insightful information on the most dynamic economy in North America.
Monday to Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (MT) as a live stream, archived and rerun from 4:00 p.m. to midnight and again from midnight to 8:00 a.m.
Feature stories will be saved as downloadable podcasts which can be subscribed to for automatic delivery to the listener’s device of choice
• Breaking economic, business and market news as it happens
• Feature interviews with senior executives
• Roundtable discussions with Western Canada’s best thinkers, politicians, athletes, entertainers, business leaders, scientists and other newsmakers
• Coverage of innovation, technology and the future of business
• Commentary and critical analysis on breaking energy stories, along with key interviews of major players impacting the market
• Bimonthly features on real estate, business law, corporate finance, marketing, exporting, social media, productivity, human resource management and IT trends
• Monthly industry reports on residential and commercial construction, manufacturing, engineering, health care, agriculture, food processing, retail, tourism and forestry
• Insight on business culture, from restaurant reviews to stress management techniques, office fashion trends and tips for networking and etiquette
The audience for Venture Radio will be regional, national and global – the reach is not limited by geography. In a survey sent to Venture’s current audience, 72% said they were interested or very interested in listening to Venture Radio and 94% said they would subscribe to specific podcasts to ensure they never miss the content.