Full-Time Senior Hydrogeologist
Klohn Crippen Berger’s Alberta Group is looking for a highly skilled, experienced Hydrogeologist who thrives in a challenging role and can think outside the box. Our project opportunities can include Hydrogeology related to geotechnical designs for seepage management of tailings and water dams; mine water management, water supply; slope stability; contaminant hydrogeology; environmental compliance designs and groundwater engineering. This is a great opportunity to join a strong team in our Calgary office.
The project work is largely centered in Canada including Alberta, Saskatchewan and Canada’s Northern Provinces, but may also include some international project work as opportunities arise.
This is a lead technical role that will give you the opportunity to:
• Plan and execute large field programs and act as a technical lead to ensure projects are executed appropriately and schedules and budgets are met
• Develop and maintain strong client relationships based on proactive solutions
• Mentor a team of talented hydrogeoleogists
• Engage in detailed analysis and interpretation of hydrogeological data as well as technical report writing and review
• Be recognized for your technical input and experience
• Work in a multidisciplinary team environment that fosters career development
• Travel predominantly within Western Canada but also internationally as opportunities arise
If you have a minimum of 15 years of related experience in physical hydrogeology and/or groundwater modeling, post-secondary education in Hydrogeology, Engineering Geology or Civil Engineering, and are eligible for or registered as a Professional Geologist or Professional Engineer in Canada, we want to hear from you!
We value your:
• Experience with large-scale multi-disciplinary mining, oil and gas, and infrastructure design projects
• Technical prowess in the field of Hydrogeology
• Project Management experience and demonstrated ability to meet project objectives, budgets and timelines
• Ability to lead and work effectively with multi-disciplinary project teams
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English including your ability to write proposals, technical reports and general project correspondence
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to build long-term, successful relationships with our clients and project teams
Klohn Crippen Berger (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing engineering and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, environmental, transportation, geotechnical, oil & gas, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia and Peru. KCB is a member of the Louis Berger Group, a leading international consulting firm with more than 80 offices worldwide. KCB was recently named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies.
From our offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Lloydminster, Saskatoon and Inuvik, KCB’s Alberta Group works on challenging projects in the onshore and offshore Oil and Gas industry, Oil Sands developments, and in our traditional Mining, Infrastructure and Water Resources markets. KCB is also a leader in tailings management, dam designs, offshore drilling islands, plant site foundation engineering, hydrogeology, hydrotechnical and environmental and reclamation services.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive flexible benefits package designed to suit your individual needs. Inter-provincial and International candidates are welcome to apply and relocation support will be provided to the successful candidate if required.