Full-Time Community Manager
Career Opportunity @ Westcorp
Position Title: Community Manager
Job Status: Full-time
Department: Residential Property Management
Property Name: Griesbach
Location: Edmonton, AB
Reporting To: Sr. Property Manager
This position is responsible for the operations of the Griesbach multi family rental business. It will appeal to a responsible individual who enjoys the variety in management of operations and projects. This person will supervise the administration and execution of the day-to-day services and strategy in all assigned Residential property enterprises. Responsibilities include monitoring physical operations, risk management, accounts receivable/payable, preparing and adhering to property budgets, staff performance and ensuring a high level of customer service is maintained to all stakeholders.
• Ensure the property is well maintained and managed in accordance with guidelines.
• Foster good resident relations and implement approved programs in accordance with budget guidelines.
• Oversee all administrative processes and prepare monthly management/client reporting.
• Prepare, implement and monitor property operating budgets. Actively participate in prudent operating expense reduction programs.
• Ensure maintenance contracts are in place as required and supervise all maintenance, repairs, contracts and Landlord’s work in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Ensure effective leasing processes and operational matters are implemented and adhered to.
• Recruit, coach, and train community team members.
• Supervision of administrative, leasing and maintenance staff and contractors.
• Ensure compliance with the Residential Tenancies Act in all procedures.
• Ensure local, provincial, & federal laws and regulations are being observed at the community.
• Ensure comprehension and compliance with all Westcorp Playbook policies by community staff.
• Other duties as assigned by the Senior Property Manager, Residential.
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Minimum three years related experience in property management for a property of 400+ units and 6 or more employees.
• Real Estate Associate license for Alberta is an asset
• ARM® Certification is an asset
• Ability to interpret and analyze financial statements
• Proven ability to provide leadership, manage, motivate and develop staff to achieve results
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Exceptional communication ability, written and verbal
• Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Proven customer service/resident relation skills
• Must be flexible and willing to change roles or responsibilities as required
• High degree of professionalism and dedication as well as a passion to deliver sensational customer service to all stakeholders
• Must have own vehicle and valid driver’s license
• Security clearance required upon offer of employment
• Possess sensational customer service philosophy
• Highly organized, results oriented and ability to work in a multi-functional team environment
• In alignment with our Westcorp Values:
o Integrity, Vitality, Accountability, Results, Collaboration, Learning and Innovation