Full-Time Civil / Structural Lead Designer – Intermediate / Senior
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
ECO-Technica is a multi-disciplined engineering company servicing industrial clients primarily in Alberta and Western Canada. Along side our sister company, Oncore Services, we provide a full range of Engineering, EPC, and EPCM services across multiple industries, including Power, Petro Chemical, Water Treatment, Oil Sands, Oil and Gas, Materials Handling, and Manufacturing.
We have a current opportunity for the following staff position:
Civil / Structural Lead Designer – Intermediate / Senior
Candidates must possess solid experience with structural design and design team leadership, with minimum 15 years of detailed design and construction support experience, preferably in industrial environments. Candidates must be motivated self starters with strong problem solving skills, and be capable of leading and executing projects through all project stages. In addition to a strong technical background in detailed design, you must be able to work as an effective team player and possess excellent communication skills. A valid driver’s license is required, as periodic trips to operating plant sites are required.
Working as part of a multi-disciplined team, the successful candidate will be responsible for activities including:
• Lead and manage design teams on structural and multi-disciplined projects for operating industrial facilities.
• Work within multi-discipline engineering and construction teams to execute projects effectively and efficiently.
• Develop, refine, and maintain multiple CAD standards and implement them across a multi-disciplined group or project team.
• Prepare cost estimates for engineering deliverables and project capital costs.
• Meet with clients in their facilities to develop and determine project requirements, collect required information, make field measurements, develop designs, initiate fabrication and construction, and turn over the completed project.
• Work with our fabrication and construction group to optimize designs for maximum functionality and constructability across disciplines.
• Prepare design drawings and models of industrial structures, process modules, skids, materials handling equipment, access platforms, fall protection systems, lifting devices, and rigging.
• Structural: Design of structural steel and concrete structures for industrial facilities. This includes equipment supports, access structures, mechanized structures, skids, materials handling equipment, lifting studies, lifting devices, safety equipment, specialty equipment and tools, and foundations.
• Civil: Site layout and development, earthwork, drainage design, ponds, containment systems, and utilities.
• Architectural: Design of industrial buildings, building envelopes, building code requirements, occupancy classifications, and fire separations.
• Motivated, creative, and results-oriented individual with strong leadership and communication skills who is comfortable leading, or being a key member in, the design team.
• Ability to visualize early the project design configuration and goals, then drive to achieve those goals through innovative and effective designs.
• Enjoys and takes pride in meeting challenges of complex designs within project schedule and budget constraints.
• Strong skills using AutoCAD and Microstation in 2D and 3D design environments to create engineering deliverables for structural steel and concrete structures.
• Experience in SolidWorks is an asset.
• Strong awareness of CAD standards and quality assurance systems to deliver a high quality product.
• Emphasizes quality and attention to detail in producing functional, practical designs.
• Experienced and comfortable being on site in operating industrial facilities to develop project designs and coordinate with clients and contractors through project completion.
• High value placed on hands-on practical experience with detailed knowledge of fabrication and constructability issues.
• Experience in structural detailing is an asset.
Benefits of ECO-Technica
Some of the key benefits of working at ECO-Technica are:
• Wide variety of single and multi-discipline work across multiple different industries.
• Opportunities for advancement and career development within engineering design, project management, construction management, and quality assurance.
• Close coupling experience on projects with our sister fabrication and construction company, Oncore Services.
• Direct involvement with the full project cycle; engineering, fabrication, construction, and field work.
• Excellent work environment.
• Employee Social Club.
• Positive work/life balance.
• Competitive wages and benefits package.
• Flexible work hours.