Full-Time Business Attraction Manager – Economic Development
It is an exciting time for Economic Development in St. Albert as one of the City’s key priorities is building and diversifying our economy in partnership with the community and stakeholders.
Our Economic Development Division is recruiting a key member of the management team to develop a strategic investment attraction framework and then implement the strategies to generate and attract business investment to the City of St. Albert.
A major focus will be to realize the potential of the nearly 700 acres of land that was designated as future light industrial development/employment lands by Council to attract more business and employment to St. Albert, help reduce the tax burden on residents and ensure long-term economic development in the city.
The business attraction team, which includes a Marketing Specialist, Corporate Analyst and Sales Coordinator, have undertaken many initiatives to attract investment and diversify the business and employment landscape in St. Albert. As the Business Attraction Manager you will lead this team toward the goal of helping companies understand the business and investment opportunities available in St. Albert and matching their needs with our opportunities.
- We are looking for an individual who has experience developing actionable business growth and/or attraction strategies with proven results.
- An understanding of all aspects of business development from financing, market research to real estate and building requirements.
- Broad community knowledge and contacts.
- Business attraction involves building relationships with investors, developers and internal stakeholders so a high level of interpersonal skill and diplomacy is required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including experience in public speaking.
- Confidence to present tailored presentations to potential client team by effectively using a range of presentation skills.
- Preference will be given to those with an undergraduate degree in Business – Administration, Marketing or a field related to Economic Development.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Certified Economic Developer (Ec.D.) designation would be an asset.
HOURS OF WORK
Compressed work schedule of 72 hours bi-weekly (Monday – Friday, 8:00 – 5:00 with a regular day off every two weeks). Meetings outside of regular office hours, and work and/or travel in the evenings and weekends will be required.
$89,771 – $109,220 per annum. In addition, the City of St. Albert offers a generous and comprehensive flexible benefit package.